Wednesday, 12 June 2013

1-Year Old Baby Dies In Lagos Building Collapse

A year-old baby was killed and several others injured on Tuesday when
a three-storey building collapsed at Challenge Bus stop, Mushin,
Lagos.
Mr Ibrahim Frinloye, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA),
South West, spokesman, confirmed the incident in an interview with the
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He said that victims, who were injured when the building collapsed,
had been rescued and taken to Mushin Hospital.
He, however, debunked claims that several lives were lost.
"A three-storey building in Mushin collapsed and killed a 12 months-old baby.
"Several other people who were injured from the impact of the blast
have since been taken to the hospital.
"As at the last head count of the occupants of the building, we can
safely say that no one is still trapped in the rubbles after the
evacuation and rescue process was undertaken,'' he said.
He urged landlords to subject their buildings to routine structural
tests to ascertain their state of habitation.
Frinloye said that the NEMA had so far received report of over 36
cases of structurallydefect buildings in different parts of Lagos
State.

No comments:

Post a Comment